Western Australia Tourism Office came back with the itinerary for the Oneshift work assignment and I took a good look. The accommodation is really luxurious and I am so looking forward to Karri Valley, Margaret River and Albany to name a few places. I am expecting a couple of great shots for sunrise and sunsets plus the holiday shots.
Once I get back, there are plans to organise all the experience and photographs into a Travel Photography talk hopefully somewhere swanky with food and drinks.
Well, in the name of openness, I will be putting the itinerary here and hopefully, the collective knowledge from everyone will help to fine tune the program and get the maximum I can squeeze from the trip.
Wednesday 23 Nov 2011
1410 Arrive at Perth. Collect car at Redspot Rental
1600 Check in at Perth Ambassador Hotel (3.5 stars)
Check out shopping district and perhaps get myself into Westpac Bank to do some banking 🙂
Address of Westpac Branch that I can go: St Georges Terrace. Just 4 blocks away from our accommodation. Shopping street just couple of street away too.
Dinner. Perhaps can meet up with Shin Sen.
Thursday 24 Nov 2011
1000 Check out of Hotel and Proceed to Fremantle.
Things that we can do in terms of priority before checking in:
- Fremantle Markets
- Fremantle Prison (18.50AUD)
1400 Check into Esplanade Hotel Fremantle
After checking in
– Maybe a swim. The place just looked awesome.
– There’s a sailing world
– Sunset shot at Fremantle Fishing Boat Harbour (Sunrise: 4:48AM am, Sunset: 6:46PM pm)
– Dinner? Good Ole Fish and Chips Mateys!
Friday 25 Nov 2011
0400 Sunrise timing – Fremantle Fishing Boat Harbour (Boy am I glad the harbour is just 600m away from the harbour!) Sunrise: 0448 hrs. Shoot 2 hours, sleep another 2 hours.
0900 Check out Accommodation. Drive towards Albany
Suggested things to do
- Kojonup – Military barracks and freshwater spring
- Mount Barker – Wine region + Wild flowers (macro lens needed!)
- Porongurups/Stirling Ranges
1400 Reach Albany and check into The Beach House at Bayside
1900 Possible sunset locations (http://www.rainbowcoast.com.au/areas/albany/torndirrupnationalpark-map.htm)
– The gap and natural bridge (should be priority. The place looks fantastic with sunset as backdrop)
– Stony hill look out (feels like the look out we did at Wilson Promontory)
Saturday 26 Nov 2011 (http://www.amazingalbany.com.au/)
0400: Perhaps go Stony Hill Look Out
– The Whale World (28AUD)
– The strawberry Hill Farm (first farm in W.A…..)
– Amity Brig (http://www.historicalbany.com.au/index.html) (5AUD)
Looks like a bit more time will be spend at Whale World and the Brig. Not so sure about Strawberry hill for the time being.
Sunday 27 Nov 2011
0400: Just outside the Hotel
0900 Checkout and go to Pemberton
1400 Check in Karri Valley Resort
This place is something I am super looking forward to go. The sunrise and sunset shots would be fabulous here. There are day activities like boat rowing and the likes. Honestly it will be my little heaven.
Other things to consider:
- Valley of the Giants
- Tree Top Walk
- Gloucester Tree
- Tramway (something like the Puffing Billy?) May be good for photographers. (24AUD)
Monday 28 Nov 2011
0900 Get out and get on to Margaret River.
1400 Check in Darby Park Serviced Residences
Things needed to be done
- Northern Side of Margaret River (optional can do it while we are on the way to Busselton)
- By order of MG: Must go Chocolate Factory (Northern Side) http://g.co/maps/8n5fh
- Natural Olive Oil Soap Factory http://g.co/maps/g8ffp
- Sunset at Naturaliste Lighthouse
Tuesday 29 Nov 2011
Sunrise – sunrise time is 0440 thereabouts. And from the place where the sun to rise, it would have to be taken along the Margaret River.
Things needed to be done
- Southern side of Margaret River
- Jewel Caveshttp://g.co/maps/9ck3j
- Leeuwin Estate Wine http://g.co/maps/zrgst
Wednesday 30 Nov 2011
0700 Breakfast at Accommodation
0900 Check out and on to Perth
Arrive at Busselton Jetty (29.50AUD)
The Dolphin Discovery Centre (10AUD) http://www.dolphindiscovery.com.au/interactionzone.html
1700 Reach Perth Ambassador (again)
Thursday 1 December 2011
Go to Yancheap National Park, Two Rocks
Sunset at Lancelin/CervantesWill be going on the 4WD Tour?
Friday 2 December 2011
Saturday 3 December 2011