I was invited by the Social Creatives to join them as a part of a Singapore Delegation to paint murals in Kathmandu, Nepal and to engage in cross cultural and arts exchanges. Supported by The Old Parliament House, The Arts House and Singapore International Foundation, the program promises to be one of excitement and awe.
I personally would look forward to the exchanges that will happen with the local photographers as they bring us around Kathmandu and parts of the country that we may never see as a normal tourist. This is the time to maximise the time spend with the locals and capture images that not many will see.
The main highlight I would go would be the sightseeing flight to view Everest and the Himalaya Range. That would be an awesome sight indeed!
With this trip, we will be formally introducing The Photographers’Guild @ The Arts House photography club where we hope to capture more arts based subjects and be part of the Arts revolution in Singapore.
Do join us if you are keen!
Highlights of the Trip
– Sightseeing Flight to View Everest & Himalayas- Full Cultural Immersion Experience & know the locals
– Photography Focused Program in Support of Mural Arts- Morning Yoga at Scenic Location
– Luxurious stay at Hotel Shanker (The Fullerton of Nepal) TripAdvisor Traveller’s Choice Winner 2013
– Introduction trip for The Photographers’ Guild@The Arts House
Why Kolor Kathmandu?
Social Creatives was invited to Kolor Kathmandu as Social Creative’s annual event to paint murals overseas. Hence this will be a Singaporea delegation to represent our nation in an effort to understand Nepal through Cultural Exchange & the Arts.
This will also be The Photographers’ Guild’s first overseas trip to represent Singapore and spread the love of photography with the people of Nepal.
10 Reasons Why Get Involved?
1) This programme aims to provide an holistic travel experience. These include nature, arts, culture, UNESCO heritage and environment attractions to visit.
2) You will able to customize the itineraries and peruse your interests to maximize the best experience possible
3) We have never heard of any packages for you to paint a mural especially overseas.
4) You will meet locals and hear their perspectives
5) You will be in safe company and staying in highly secured locations
6) This programme is organised by Social Creatives which is a non-profit organisation inline with their Social Enterprise developments.
7) We hope to provide once in a life time opportunities
8) There are many learning objectives and the promotion of learning beyond the classroom.
9) You will make new friends =)
10) You will have fun =)
16 March (Saturday)
Arrival of Delegates
Overview of 75 Districts of Kathmandu
Optional Night Tour: Freak Street
17 March (Sunday)
Visit & Relaxation of Hot Spring
18 March (Monday)
Arts Workshop organised by local arts group
Hariyo Chowk: A Journey to an Urban Garden. Arts-Environment Hub
19 March (Tuesday)
Morning Street Photography Walk
Photography Focused Arts Program
by Local Photography group
Night Activity: Operating an Outdoor Cinema
20 March (Wednesday)
Morning Yoga at Scenic Nature Location
Heritage Walk at Bhaktapur and Patan
Ladies Night: Local Shopping Experience
21 March (Thursday)
Morning Flight to View Everest & Himalayas
Optional: Bungee (own cost) / Mural Painting/Tour Kathmandu Valley
22 March (Friday)
Visit Shivapuri Nagarjun National Park
23 March (Saturday)
Departure to Singapore
Before 1 March 2013 – $1800.00 / S$2000 (with Everest Flight)
1-7 March 2013 – $2500.00 / S$2700 (with Everest Flight)
– Insurance coverage
– Certain Meals
– Commemorative Photo Coffee Table book
Closing Date: 7th March 2013
For more information please contact:
Wilson Wong (WilzWorkz)
Shawn Lourdusamy (DMR)
About Social Creatives
Social Creatives is an non-profit arts enterprise that promote heART in eARTh. We believe that a picture speaks a thousand words, a motion a thousand motion while an emotion is a thousand motion. We paint murals anywhere and everywhere.
About The Photographers’Guild @ The Arts House
The Photographers’ Guild @ The Arts House is a photography group hosted by the premiere arts venue – The Arts House@Old Parliament House – that aims to use photography as a conduit to inculcate understanding of our surroundings and also of people from different cultures. The guild aims to enhance interaction between the photographer, the subject and the audience.
Arts Track Supported by
Singapore International Foundation
The Old Parliament House
The Arts House@Old Parliament House
The Photographers’ Guild@The Arts House